Saturday, January 1, 2011

Favorite Holiday Toy--Classic Cardboard Box

On Christmas day Phi Phi and Pop Pop brought us a very big wrapped gift. It was a rocking horse. We threw alot of gift wrap into the box and left it on the front porch in true redneck fashion.

I know Will was thinking that he'd drag that box back into the house on a "rainy day" aka a day that the kids are driving us bizzerk.


Well that's about every day around here, so it wasn't long until the day had come. Jenny kept following us around trying to convince us to build her a house. She asked me to build it out of brick so that the big bad wolf could not blow it down. Will remembered the box on the porch and he brought it thru the den/kitchen and took it down to the basement (aka man cave) to work some quick magic.

While he was downstairs for 10 minutes, Jenny was upstairs assigning roles (again): She and Troy would be pigs and Daddy was to play big bad wolf. She also gleefully pranced around in the kitchen singing a made-up song. she told me "I'm singing a song and its called I Love My Daddy".

I went downstairs to see if he had fallen into the box or what. I found him cutting out windows and doors with box cutter and drawing shutters and a doorbell with magic marker.
Finally he revealed his masterpiece to their delight:

Can't get them to keep the door open for a picture


Peek a boo Jenny

Its at this point that I notice on the camera that my daughter is only in undies. Decide to clothe my child for the remainder of pictures.

Big Bad Wolf has come to huff and puff


Troy peeking at Jenny thru window with gusto


Peek a boo Troy

They've been enjoying their house.
Jenny will brag that "her daddy can build a house". I think that she is thinking about this little book we read titled
"I love my daddy because....."
There is a page in the book where a daddy beaver is building a dam for his family and it says
"I love my daddy because he can build a house".

I have many more posts to write, for now it's time to snooze.

No comments: