Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter Fun

Poor Jenny got a fever on Saturday night, and therefore could not go to church. So you'll have to wait even longer to see a picture of her all dressed up! But we did hunt eggs at our house, and of course Peter Cottontail left Jenny a basket of goodies.
(I waited til Will got home from work on Sunday to do hunting and basket .........)

I dyed eggs while Jenny took a late nap--
I dyed a dozen, but the orange ones were the most photogenic

Jenny found her basket from the Bunny on the back porch after her nap. Will told her that while he was mowing the grass, he saw the Easter Bunny hopping away into the woods............

Jenny got lots of toys and candy----
She got a doctor kit
Here she is saying "Give me a shot so I will get better"
(yeah right)

Of course her favorite thing in her basket was "chockit"

Time to hunt eggs!
(yes, we put bunny ears on our girl and let her hunt eggs in the yard even though she had 101 fever)

Found one!

This is alot easier with no big kids hogging all the eggs.........

Golly I found alot already.....

Close up of bunny ears

Hank helped me sniff out the eggs

Score again

Holy smokes that is a load. Why did I not take Hank to hunt at the church the other day?

Last egg discovered!

Heading inside with my loot


Comments on my PAAS egg kit
---Just wanted to also note that, as a rookie egg dyer, I forgot to buy vinegar. I was resigned to have to wait an extra day to dye eggs, but I read the fine print and realized that I could use lemon juice. Then I left the eggs in for a long time so they would get darker. I was pretty pleased with lemon juice and heaven knows it smells better than vinegar.........
---Also wanted to add that I was majorly disappointed with the shrink wrap for eggs. Like I said I am a rookie. So I dyed all the eggs and then I planned to shrink wrap 6 of them in boiling water. But of course the dye came off in the water (duh) and you know that ticked me off so there was only one shrink wrapped egg. I really loved the shrink wrapped ones when I was little, so I was bummed. I guess you wrap them first and then dye them???

I sent Will to work today with an egg salad sandwich. Lets see if he notices it is rainbow colored........ and who wants to place bets on him not eating it at that point??? he he he

No comments: