Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Nurse Kristen

First splinter, first bandaid

We have been walking alot. Will was off last week and the weather was divine. Jenny likes to walk alot too (the unpleasant part is making her get back into the stroller). On one of several downtown walks last week, Jenny got her first splinter while she was chasing pigeons on the pedestrian bridge. It was pretty big, but she was not too upset about it til Will started to pull it out. Then alot of tears had to fall. Then back into the stroller eventually, and more tears due to that. Then since I am a bad mother and do not carry any first aid antiseptic (yet) in my gigantic bag of tricks, she proceeded to talk pitifully about her "hurt tinger" all the way home (40 minutes). So when we got home I hooked her up with peroxide, some sort of cream and most importantly.... a Diego bandaid. I was not sure she would leave on a bandaid cause she loves stickers (loves to put them here and then there) But we had a talk and she seemed to understand. She was very excited about "Ego and Jaguar" on her hand but I could not get her to hold up her hand for the camera...............

Then my attention turns to Hank who is again licking his foot. I get a closer look and discover a swollen toenail area. There is a tick attached near the nail that is making it swell up. So out to the back porch with my trusty peroxide. Pulled the evil monster out with tweezers and doctored up that golden toe.

Two patients taken care of.........

NEXT!

No comments: