Monday, April 6, 2009

sleep, snuggling, shawbies


i had to throw in the white flag this morning to insomnia.
often when will leaves for work at 5:15am i am stuck tossing and turning trying to go back to sleep for an hour or longer. of course you can imagine that he does not pity me.
anyway this AM i stuck it out til 7 and then hobbled from our room into the den.
the sun was not even up i tell you. most of you probably know this but still.........
let me stress that it is my policy to never get up before jenny wakes up.
why would i do that to myself???
the time will come --all too soon --for me to once again be in high demand at all hours, when our little man gets here.
after that my chances for sleep diminish further the more children that i pop out.
i often wonder if that Duggar lady sleeps at all??

anyway aside from my involuntary early rising that would normally have me in a tissy, we have had the yummiest morning......
jenny woke up and we snuggled on the couch for like 30 minutes! she never wants to sit still so that is pretty special. she had her head on my chest and looked up at me thru her bedhead and said "I love you mommy" -------that is the good stuff i tell you.
then i made homemade pancakes and she sang about cakes and shawbies until they were ready to eat. then she gobbled it all up with zero attitude and zero coaxing on my part. and she ate with her fork. the whole time she was eating she continued to profess her love for the cakes and shawbies.
now that is what i'm talking bout. lets show momma some appreciation!!!

but don't ask me tomorrow about how my day went---I'll probably be bald from pulling my hair out, due to a 5 hr. drive alone with jenny. more on that later...........

1 comment:

Phi Phi said...

I love that sweet bedhead child! And she is sweeter than Shawbies.