Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Super Husband


Sunday night Will carved our pumpkin! I was very proud of him because he resists all holidays and claims its all a Hallmark conspiracy. Maybe he is onto something.......
But opposites attract, and you better know that I am going to get a jackolantern. Will's parents had bought us a pumpkin and Nina gave us a carving kit (see, I'm not the only one who sees the need). He got into the kit and we picked out a pattern. His comment was that this seemed like a project for artsy momma. But my argument was that daddies carve turkeys and so then daddies carve pumpkins. Well he had to agree with that! So he got after it, and Jenny thought it was great to see the guts come out. Then he spent a very long time carving. Without any apparent frustration?? If I didn't know better, I'd say that he.......ENJOYED it. I was baffled really. I'm telling you it was a big deal. Normally in these hard holiday times it goes something like this:
--I badger Will for days to do something hideous like buy a real Christmas tree.
--He puts up the same old fight for weeks, disputing the same old issues (needles, baby hazard, vacuuming, cat, waste of money, fire hazard, "nobody sees it but us"--my personal favorite)
--Finally I bounce to and from the tree farm while dragging him behind me.
--Likewise he reluctantly drags the tree into the den, beginning his 4 month campaign against all the needles.
--He commences to setting up the tree, which always results in a huge headache for him.
--He is huffing and puffing around TOTALLY MAD, and meanwhile I am laughing so hard I can't breathe.
Don't know why but I have definitely discovered a pattern: Will getting frustrated with a project and me always on the sidelines in a fit of laughter.
So with this jackolantern I guess I'm saying that....... I need something to laugh at already! ha ha
No I'm glad it was not a pain for him. Maybe he was just glad to have something to take his mind off the "impending sense of doom" (that is just some of our dorky lingo we use around here to describe that feeling you get the night before your work week begins).

Dare I say he is changing his ways? If so, we can attribute it all to princess Jenny.
We'll see.....he hasn't committed to the idea of old fashioned trick or treating this Friday.Ain't it just great? It's a kitty and jackolantern sitting on the windowsill and a spider hanging down. Jenny said Meow and Pppppttt (her signature bug noise).

1 comment:

Christy C Beach said...

Pictures Hooray!!! Matt said let's have a contest for pumpkin carving.