Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Eve at Granny's

Okay so I have been not blogging for a couple weeks and I know that is so uncool.
I don't have to remind anybody how hectic December is, combined with a few days here and there of progesterone poisoning......I think my blog break was justified, that is my point.

But on to the more important things: pictures of Jenny. I know that none of you really care to actually read the blog, just come to see pictures of Jenny. Ha ha just kidding!

Christmas Eve we spent the day in AL at Granny's house. That is Will's Mawmaw, and Will's father's side of the family. A total of 3 munchkins currently running around there. The quarters are getting tight.... so either we've got to bust down some walls in Granny's house, or stop having kids. ha ha!

Granny got a microwave for Christmas --
Here Brayden is showing Jenny and Parker how it's done
(Brayden and Parker are Will's cousin's boys)

Having great fun in the microwave box with Parker
You bet that the box was just as fun as all the toys they received


Got a dolly stroller!!!!

Ooh la la!
I had to post this because when he is older he will hate this picture!!!

"I am so whooped-- I don't think I can open another one!"


Sitting with Phi Phi


Learning about more boy toys


Granny got me a horsey scooter with a special seat for my new Cabbage patch dolly!

The Christopher's Annual "Toy We Want To Trash"
I'll have to write a short note about the "toy of the year" at Granny's. There always seems to be this one toy that is usually given to Brayden..... that he loves and all the adults soon learn to hate! In previous years Will was guilty of picking out that special toy (sword, flashlight etc.) but this year it was Nina who gave Brayden the....... dart gun!
Needless to say we were all taking cover and the afternoon resulted in a black eye for Brayden. But in Nina's defense they were foam darts, they just packed a serious punch---but how could she have known??

After all the partying, we headed directly to Uncle Wesley's house to say hi and let Jenny open a gift. On that 10 minute ride, Jenny was so ready to conk out. We fought hard to keep her going. At one point I was vigorously shaking her leg and she was unresponsive. Then I started to tickle her leg and she was smiling and giggling in her sleep. Let me be clear that I have NEVER tried to keep that child awake! ha ha Anytime before this that she wanted to sleep I was saying thank GOD. We got a big kick out of her being so pooped. But she managed to kick it up a notch and make it thru a quick visit at Wesley's. They gave her a kissing Elmo, but also she would have gladly taken home their deer that was mounted to the wall.

Then we picked up Hank and said bye bye to Phi Phi, Pop Pop and Nina. Jenny napped on the way home but was awake for the last hour. So therefore I couldn't plop her into bed as soon as we got home. Besides she had to eat. So we got home at 9pm and I officially began "lights out" at 10:30 ---but girlfriend refused to go down until 12:15! At that point I was so so so whooped myself that I could hardly finish "Santa" duties. Ordinarily the night time is the right time for me but my bun in the oven was sedating me hard on that night.

To be continued..........

No comments: