Thursday, December 4, 2008

Jenny will be a big sister

Well, as some of you know already, we are expecting another baby! We found out on Saturday. We had just decided to start to think about maybe just maybe considering another baby. heh heh
It took a long while before the Jenny bun was in the oven, but we did not have to wait long this time! ha ha
Even though this baby is not a "surprise".....well we are still surprised.

Among other signals, some of my first signals that I was pregnant this time were:
  • peeing more in the middle of the night,
  • my dreams...... were just different,
  • and also-- having here and there the signature "run over by truck" feeling.
I would say "ROBT" feeling is similar to when people say that they "slept too hard", but with a twist of flu feeling.
You might think the dream thing is bogus, but I vow that when I am pregnant my dream life is just different. I think it has to do with the extra hormones in your body.

I took a test at 5am on Saturday the 29th right after Will left for work.
Let me stress that I ALWAYS go back to sleep when he leaves at 5am. Jenny wakes me up sometime between 7:30-9:30. At 5am, I wish I could be a "sit and sip coffee and read the bible" kind of person or a "get my workout in" kind of person. But no, I'm a "sleep sleep sleep sleep for the love of sleep" kind of person. Anyway I digress.
For those of you unaware, the EPT people "recommend" using your first morning pee for the test cause it is considered "potent" --full of the prego hormone.
(let me add at this time my comments on that ??!!*@%&#* ----when a woman is newly pregnant, then often she is peeing 3 times in the middle of the night and that would be a sign for her to go buy the EPT. then these EPT people are thinking that we've been holding our pee all night?? I was wondering if any of the people working at EPT are mothers....)
So I am standing there in the bathroom, needing to go and wanting to know the answer, but thinking:
"what if... by a slim chance the test is positive? then I'll have to hold in the secret all day til 6:30pm when Will gets home. Also I'll definitely not be able to go back to sleep.....I should just wait til right before he comes home from work..........NAH no way its positive."
I decided to not waste the precious "morning pee". I was only 2 days late and so every little smidge of prego hormone in that pee had to count.
Well lo and behold it was a big plus sign right away! I probably stared into the oblivion for eternity after that, and as I predicted I could NOT go to sleep. Not even later at nap time which is just huge for me. (I know I am in such a heap of trouble with another baby coming---big nap lover).
I went to peek at Jenny in her bed and wondered how much my next child would look like her. I tried to imagine her as a big sis. I whispered "there's a baaaaybeee on the way!" and "get ready to be kicked out of your crib" ha ha. But since she was asleep, Hank and Dee got to be the first to know the news. You bet that they were elated.
I sent Will a text that I had a surprise for him. That is an ongoing inside joke--long story short, before the baby news Will said that I stink at surprises. He kept telling me I had to redeem myself due to several big let downs ha ha. Well he said that I am off the hook, that the baby is a pretty big surprise!
I told him right when he got in the door before he even had his jacket off.
I guess the good Lord thinks we are ready for another one. We'll see. Its looking like Jenny will be about 24 months old when this one is born. (I suspect a due date in August) If all my hair falls out.... or maybe if I pull it out....well then, I've always been told that I am a hat person at least.

I will go to the doc on Dec. 9th. I currently feel pretty good and have no complaints.

I'm writing a letter to Santa today and I didn't feel that it was too early to ask for no colic this go round. ha ha

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Congrats on the big news! I am glad tht you are feeling ok so far!

Teale said...

Hey Kristen! Congratulations! I saw your blog link on facebook- glad I can keep up with you this way now. Jenny is a cutie!