Saturday, January 31, 2009

I need shoes!


Jenny's first 3 word sentence.
It all started when she wanted to put on daddy's shoes and walk around. I knew she'd not be able to move an inch in them cause they weigh about 10 pounds each. She managed to stand in them, but had to cry cause she was unable to walk in them. So I went and got a pair of my flats that weigh much lighter. Still she was unable to make any progress. So I got out her barbie dress up "heels" that are about 6 inches long. Not stable enough. Lots of tears. I said "you are just not big enough yet i guess." She became very whiny so I took them all away and locked them in the bedroom. Big meltdown. My only solution was to put her regular shoes on her. She would not stop the bizzerko fit for me to put her boots on, so we rode her fit out to the bitter end. The highlight of the tantrum was an outstanding broadway worthy performance where she threw herself on the floor and cried "i need shoes, i need shoes!" about 100 times. it took me a minute to realize she was saying a sentence.
I said "when you are done spazzing out, then i'll put on your boots."
finally she surrendered her feet to the boring old boots.

1 comment:

Amy J. said...

What a coincidence!!I throw that exact same fit at LEAST twice a year!!:)Bahahaha! I guess that is just the ways of having a girl! I'm sure you didn't think it was too cute at the moment, but what a story to tell her first boyfriend one day!!:)Hope you have a FitFree weekend!:)