Friday, January 9, 2009

Potty interest update

Well I am happy to report Jenny has further potty progress!
Thursday--
I was really relieved and surprised that the morning after Jenny's potty poo trauma she was willing to still sit on the potty. I invited her to join me and she first just stood and inspected her new chart further and talked alot about it and the sticker we put on Wednesday for the previous night's success. Then she decided to sit on potty. I decided to leave her in her diaper and pants that time so as to take baby steps back towards "potty comfort".
Then last night before her bath she sat on it again, and I had to strip her down anyway so I helped her put that bare hiney down on the seat. She peed in her potty! I just could not believe it! But just like the night before, as soon as she saw the pee she was upset. She got another sticker and was enticed again into the tub with the crayon.
Friday--
So far today..... I would not call it progress so much but ....there was an occurence that is definitely due to her recent potty time.

I rocked her a few minutes before her nap and laid her in there awake (more on her super sleeptime progress later). She was quiet for awhile and then started to cry. I waited awhile---- but then there is always the possibility that she has dropped her blankie in the floor (on purpose?) and that is why she is shrieking. I always use my super sleuth tactics to peek in and look for the blankie WITHOUT BEING SPOTTED. Well when I poked my head into the doorway I knew that the girl had pooed. So I get ready to lift her out for the clean up and ..........I discover that she's been inspecting it already. That has never happened before. She was either upset because she had pooed in the diaper not the potty or because she had gotten all ten fingers dirty!!!! She continued to cry til I was able to clean up 100% and rock her again. But I am thinking that is good. I mean hopefully she is thinking......
"I'm sure not going to do THAT again! GRROSSSSSS!"
At least I didn't come into the room and find her drawing on the wall with it and looking pleased with herself. ha ha!

Then after her nap she told me "pee pee" so off we went to the potty. But she could not tinkle and started to whimper. So I said that's okay. When I picked up her diaper to put it back on her, I noticed it was warm, so I think she was actually trying to tell me "I peed in my diaper". I told her that was good too cause she was a big girl and she knew when she had peed.

I really can't believe that she is growing up although I'd LOVE to have her trained by July!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You hang in there mom. Jenny is a smart girl. Love you all. Jill

JS said...

how old is your girl? We have a 19 month old.