Monday, January 5, 2009

Day after Christmas with my family

Well I'm pretty ashamed that I did not take pictures of our Williams party. As usual I have an excuse prepared .......and that is:
I was busy puking on the side of the road on our way to the party.
Is that a sufficient excuse? I think so.

I will try to make up for the lack of Williams pics in some way or another......let me pick my little brain.....

Anyway we had decided to mix it up this year and meet in a "central" location which is Huntsville. My brother knew of a nice restaurant there where we could eat--Rosie's (mexican).
Darin and Shannon traveled from Jasper, AL,
Bill, Sherry and Anna came from Unionville, TN,
Mom and Dad from Vernon, AL, and
we trekked down from good ole Soddy Daisy.

The morning started out pretty pleasant. We were running a little behind, so I nuked Jenny's tiny pancakes and took them on the road. I thought that was just another genius mom idea that I had cooked up. "I'll sit in the backseat w/her and feed her breakfast."
Bad idea!
By the time we got to Signal Mountain exit I said---okay I've got to get up into the front seat. Then I think it was another 45 minutes or hour, and then I said "pull over cause I'm gonna hurl".
Thankfully I've always had a solid 45 second puke warning. Not interested in messing up my new Rav 4. After that little pit stop, I felt much better and we continued on to Rosie's.
I mean in like 5 minutes I was thinking "yummmmm, what do I want to order" ???? that is messed up. That is progesterone poisoning though.
I was so glad to feel good after that so that I could enjoy our time together, cause those times are few and far between.
Jenny was a very good girl at Rosie's---not being stir crazy at all, which is fascinating since she'd been in the car 2 and 1/2 hours before the meal.
She got a ballerina barbie, phone, curious george, "really wooly" video, jack in the box, clothes, and a nice selection of hats. I'm definitely forgetting something......
Also we scored the usual stockings from my mom which are now 3 feet long with about a 10 inch diameter. Probably Jenny's favorite toy that day was the bubbles in her stocking.

Here is a new phrase she likes to say and she kind of sings it:
da bubbles, da bubbles, da bubbles? da bubbles, da bubbles, da bubbles?.......
it is so cute and I'm always trying to get her started on it (like a broken record) for my own entertainment.

After we left Huntsville, I was feeling normal for about 1 more hour and then feeling very narcoleptic so I had to konk out along with Jenny while Will drove.
Will stopped at a hunting store in Bridgeport, AL. I strolled Jenny around so she could see all the carcasses. She was in love with a cheetah.
When we got home I was on the couch for most of the night, trying to keep the puke feeling at bay. The next day was more of the same feeling, but I felt better by 7pm so that was a blessing.

Since that day I've not been feeling bad----woot woot! Really hoping that it is gone for good.

I've got about 50 more things to post about, so stay tuned.......

No comments: