Monday, November 3, 2008

Smells, Suckers, Steps

Just a few other highlights from the halloween weekend:
Will was having a wild moment and took us to Outback on Halloween night. He has presented claims here and there about not liking Outback, but I think most of that has to do with moola. They do need to get their act together in that area. But in the meantime, I'm willing to fork it all out for those precious shrimp on the barbie and sydney's sinful sundae! Don't forget my salad either. I'm still not sure if its their croutons or their dressing that makes me so happy, but if loving that salad is wrong I don't want to be right! Anyway so I'm doing the dance of joy as he swings into the Outback parking lot. He likes to keep it all a big surprise where we will end up. He does that all the time for no reason and that is just one of the silly reasons that I love him. Jenny wore her Snow White outfit into the restaurant. I ordered her some steamed broccoli. Don't know why she is willing to eat it, but I'm so glad! On our way out, I said to Will "definitely smell something definitely"...... as in poo-poo. He said yes I agree. So yet again I'm looking forward to wrestling jenny for a total strip down in the back of the Rav 4. (can't change her diaper in the restaurant! more on that later.....) Off with the sweater, shoes, jeans, costume, onesie. We get down to the diaper, and we are still both certain of the presence of poo-poo. Its time for the big reveal and..... there is ........NOTHING. We are baffled! What's more is that we can still smell this ghost of the poo-poo?? Will's bright idea is that I have left a poo diaper in the car and it must be found and discarded. As if I would just forget and leave it there?? (well, he has a good argument...) As if my nose is just immune to poo now?? (sometimes I wonder) Besides, I say, the raunchy smell began in the restaurant. After a trip thru the mall we return to the car which is still being haunted by this funky ghost of the poo-poo. Now I'm beginning to think that I may have to sell my car like Seinfeld did when the smell of B.O. in his car became an "entity". Thankfully, on a hunch, Will opens our takeout and it is confirmed: broccoli is the culprit. See that is why I never did like broccoli! Smells like poo?? UUGH.
Sunday we started out doing okay getting ready for church.....We woke up early enough, felt pretty relaxed and that makes all the difference. Will even went in the basement and worked out! But then I felt it unraveling just a bit. I cut some corners as usual, but what can you do. No shower for me, and I did my make up in the car. My biggest miscalculation was when to wake up the princess. She was sleeping in. I waited too late. Its just too tempting to keep taking care of other business since she's not up yet! Anyway, I went and looked in her crib and nudged her. She didn't budge easily. I said "are you tired?" With her eyes closed, she nodded! ha ha! I asked again to see if that's really what she was doing-- she nodded again! She doesn't typically nod yes right now.
So we were late AGAIN for bible class but oh well.
For worship Will had brought what he thought was a great secret weapon: a sucker. NOT a good idea! I ended up with the sucker in a handful of sticky tissues and he took her out of the auditorium armed with a wipie. He never came back, and I figured he is a big boy, so I took the opportunity to be able to worship while sitting still and not have to be rummaging thru the bag of tricks and all that.
Sunday night we walked in Northshore and downtown. Jenny loves to point to the gold horse on the tip top of the carousel building.
She sings "baaaybee" whenever we pass other babies. There is sometimes a group of people singing gospel songs at the other end of the bridge. This Sunday when we passed by them they were singing Beulah land. There just ain't NOTHIN like good old gospel singin! We went in our favorite stores: my hippie store Fair Trade, Rock Creek Outfitters, Rock Point Bookstore. Jenny says "Wheee!" when Will maneuvers the stroller down the steep hill to the aquarium.
Sunday night Jenny took her first steps! She is still wobbly but she enjoyed walking back and forth from Momma to Daddy without holding on. Shucks, she's gonna grow up after all!

1 comment:

Christy C Beach said...

So, I am te worst mom ever but I kept thinking my car smelled like old socks. My car is trash can on wheels so I could never tell where that might be coming from. Anyway, it finally reached it's peak and I couldn't take it. Looked in back and there was a pee diaper from about 2 weeks ago. Just nasty.